Over the year, I have had a handful of clients who have included their dog in their engagement or senior session. I love this! Who wouldn’t want to photograph a furry friend? If you are wanting to include your dog in a photoshoot, need dog photoshoot ideas, or maybe you just LOVE dogs. This blog post is for you!
Let me start off with 3 tips for including a dog in a photoshoot. I am no dog photographer, but I’ve taken notes during sessions about what worked and what didn’t work.
You ready for pictures of dogs at engagement sessions and pictures of dogs at senior sessions?
Here are 5 dog poses ideas for a photoshoot. I hope you enjoy the names I made up…
1. Squat. This one works best because your dog will stay still! Take squatting into consideration when picking out an outfit.
2. Just your furry baby. Everyone needs some solo pictures of their dog!
3. Holding. Depending on the size of your pup this may not be doable.
4. Walking shot. You can walk away and towards the camera. This can make for some fun candids!
5. Focusing on the dog but the humans get to be kind of included. Cute and creative!
BONUS: If your dog is super good at sitting. Have him/her sitting down and look at their cute face (or at the camera).
Hopefully, you’ve now had your dose of dog pictures for the day and are prepared for including your dog in a photoshoot!
Other posts you will love on the blog:
Preserving the powerful and fleeting moments which make your day incredibly meaningful- that's my goal as your wedding photographer. Most couples say the day goes by in the blink of an eye and they wish they could relive their wedding. There’s nothing more meaningful than delivering a gallery with pictures that make the memories come flooding back.
Inquire to secure your Wedding Date!
More about the Wedding Experience!